MPI UK & Ireland Chapter and the Switzerland Convention & Incentive Bureau (SCIB) are working with Universities across the UK to launch the MPI Young Achievers Award (YAA). The Award has been created to discover and recognise new talent within the UK C&I industry. The one-day competition is due to be held in London in June 2010.
The focus of the YAA is to connect new talent with the industry by providing the opportunity to meet key-figures, network and provide further prospects of staying within C & I, instead of branching out to other industries.
MPI and SCIB will collaborate together with Universities from across the UK, who offer Event Management qualifications. They will provide challenging briefs as close to a real life situation as possible. The brief will be given to groups of students who will have a short period of time to write up a proposal and prepare a pitch.
All students will prepare their proposal before coming to the London venue. They will have to pitch against each other in front of a challenging panel representing the best from leading UK agencies, Corporates, MPI and SCIB.
The panel will, based on the proposal and pitch, decide on the winning team. The pitch day will end with an award ceremony, attended by the C&I press and industry, and the announcement of the recipients of the 1st Young Achievers Award. The fantastic prize on offer is a trip to Switzerland for the winning team.
The intention of the YAA is also to create an environment where all parties will be able to gain from the event and experience as below:
– Gain work experience
– Receive direct feedback from senior event people
– Demonstrate and promote their talent in front of a professional audience
– Increase future employment opportunities
Agency / Corporate / Association
– Discovering new talents
– Networking opportunities
– Gain inspiration
– Invest in the future of the event industry
– Promote their event management curriculum and programme
– Linking students with future employers
– Benchmarking with other universities
– Teaching of practical skills
– Keep up to date with the latest industry needs
– Strengthen the MPI educational programme
– Attract new members
– Offer their members an innovative networking opportunity
– Offer career connections to student members
For more information please contact:
Paul Cook – VP International Relations – MPI UK & Ireland Chapter
Telephone 01883 734 999
E mail email@example.com
Telephone: +44 20 7845 7686, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
#ScriptWriting #EventManagement #PublicRelations #SecurityPR #Mpi #video #EventPR #CopyCreation #SocialMedia #Blogs #TelecommsPR