Venues of Excellence has experienced substantial membership growth since its rebrand with a 62% increase in members in the last 12 months. As well as welcoming new members from unique venues such as Silverstone Exhibition and Conference Centre and Alton Towers Conference Hotel, a number of past members including Sundial Group Venues and Warwick Conferences have re-joined the revitalised Venues of Excellence.
The market leading consortium saw a record 2017 with enquiry levels up by 40% and an increase in conversions leading to a 138% increase in revenue from its venue finding service.
In 2017 members enjoyed a number benefits including:
• Twelve member engagement events
• Two working party focus days on key markets such as associations and conference agency market
• Two educational familiarisation showcase weekends highlighting multi venues to clients and agencies
• Joint marketing and partnership opportunities to build awareness
• Six agency presentation days set up by the Venues of Excellence team
• The Venues of Excellence Annual Cook and Serve Challenge weekend
• The ongoing provision of its Learning and Development Academy, which has so far trained more than 200 delegates
“2017 has been a great year for Venues of Excellence and I am delighted to see just how much support and value we have delivered,” comments Mandy Jennings, Executive Director. “In 2018 we have some new initiatives which we plan to launch at our Annual Conference, where we already have more than 100 delegates registered. We will also welcome two additional new members into the consortium. We have attendance planned at key UK exhibitions, 2 client awareness events for the corporate and association market and we are developing a GDPR working party to support member needs. 2017 was a record year… but I look forward to 2018 being even better.”
David Vaughton, Chairman of Venues of Excellence responded by saying; “I am truly proud of all we have achieved over the past 12 months. It is testament to the passion of our members as well as the support provided by the Board, plus Mandy and her team. Venues of Excellence is going from strength to strength and I look forward to our continuing growth.”