The Meetings Show UK has released its official event app powered by DoubleDutch to engage attendees, and capture leads for exhibitors at its highly anticipated, inaugural event.
The Meetings Show UK, which is taking place between the 9th and 11th July at Olympia, London, is partnering with DoubleDutch, the leading provider of mobile event technology, to create the show’s dedicated application. The two companies designed the app to provide visitors with an engaging tool to guide them around the event, create a schedule on the go, and interact with visitors and exhibitors. The app has been developed to perfectly integrate with social media and utilises new mobile badge scanning technology to maximise exhibitors’ leads.
The Meeting Show UK, Event Director, Steve Knight: “Engagement on social media has become increasingly important at events like ours. We were positive that we wanted to have an app for the event in July and we are excited that DoubleDutch has helped that become a reality. The need for an app to allow visitors to engage with each other was very important to us, and this particular app exceeds all of our expectations. It allows attendees, including hosted buyers, to manage their own personal blend of exhibitor meetings, networking and education sessions.”
The app will be available for mobile devices on Android, iOS and mobile web platforms. It requires users to create a profile and login, so only those who have The Meetings Show UK app can view information provided by other opt-in users.
The design of the app is user friendly and is easy to navigate – even for the most technophobic of attendees. The app includes:
• A social news feed detailing attendees’ likes, check-ins and status updates
• Personal profiles where individuals can upload an image and utilise private messaging services
• Personal status updates, shareable via major social media sites
• The ability to follow other individuals and comment on their status
• A ‘leaderboard’ which shows how active the user is in comparison to others
• Search facility to find other users based on shared interests
• Full details of the educational and professional networking programmes
• Exhibitor list including an interactive floor plan
• A photo upload function and picture stream
• Maps and general show information
• Pre-defined exhibitor profiles to allow swift set up and facilitate greater data capture
DoubleDutch co-founder & CEO, Lawrence Coburn: “The Meetings Show UK is a great partner for DoubleDutch because it brings together the top minds in the events industry. Together, we can help redefine the exhibition model and lead this space by giving attendees the latest in event technology and empowering organisers with never-before-seen event data.”