As Office Manager for Soaring Worldwide, part of my job involves organising parties and events for the team.
There is a lot to think about when planning an event, such as budget, number of guests and the scale of event you would like which can ultimately decide what you do. As summer is approaching, I’ve started thinking about the company’s summer party and what we should do.
When organising what to do for a summer party, many businesses arrange a BBQ or family fun days, but what are the other options for an agency like ours?
Last year I helped organise the company’s birthday party – which doubled as our summer party – held at Ingleside House in Cirencester. We had drinks and nibbles for around 40 guests and everyone had an excellent time socialising in the glorious weather.
But what other options are there other than the obligatory nibbles or a BBQ? (Not that I have anything against them!)
Some ideas I’ve come up with so far include;
- A hoedown – cook southern food, do some square dancing and dress up like cowboys at a garden venue
- A company picnic – everyone brings something to the table (or sheet) in a local park
- Roof top drinks and nibbles in the city
- A Restaurant meal
- Potluck dinner at the boss’ house – everyone brings a dinner item and a dessert item for everyone to share
- Outdoor activities afternoon / evening & BBQ – mini golf, tug of war, Frisbee, rounders etc
- Charity day – doing some voluntary work for the community
So there are options out there for events such as our summer party, we’ve just got to be creative and think outside the box.
What are you doing for your company summer party? Whatever it is that you decide to do, let’s hope the weather stays warm and sunny!