Harrogate International Centre (HIC) has enjoyed a strong start to 2013, contracting 13 significant business wins during January worth over £3.5 million to the local economy.
Commenting on the wins, Paul Ashton, Acting Head of Sales said: “This is fabulous news for both ourselves and the local economy as it is estimated that these 13 events will bring in over £3.5m to the local area. 2013 is set to be a fantastic year for HIC. We have some significant events already booked but 13 signed contracts in the first month of the year is a record. From our point of view, the icing on the cake is the fact that 11 of the events take place this year. Many of these clients have chosen Harrogate for its great central location and the reputation Harrogate has for looking after event delegates.”
- The contracts are a mix of new and repeat business and include:
- The Senior Times Over 50s show
- Three Wine Men (featuring Oz Clarke, Olly Smith and Tim Atkin)
- Events for 2 large well known retailers
- Ann Summers
- Community Practitioners and Health Visitors Association
- Perinatal Medicine.
Several of the events are expected to attract as many as 1,000 delegates to the venue and town.