The Meetings Show UK has unveiled an highly anticipated initial list of exhibitors which includes a wide range of leading UK and international destinations, venues and suppliers. The list, which is growing at a rapid pace, clearly demonstrates the industry wide spread of support for the new show, which takes place in July, 2013.
With the hosted buyer application system going live in early February, the quality of the exhibitor list will provide additional motivation for buyers from the corporate, agency and association markets to attend.
- Major UK destinations committed include: London, Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester, Cardiff, NewcastleGateshead, Coventry and Warwickshire and Brighton.
- International destinations include Ireland, Denmark, Sweden, Reykjavik, Istanbul, New York, Milan, Holland, Belgium, Austria, Cyprus, Malta, Slovenia, Lithuania, Mexico, Thailand and Malaysia. In addition, many more destinations will be represented through more than 100 DMCs including Destinations Unlimited, Moulden Marketing, Activ’Travel, 4 Corner Events, HL Adventure and Mags Worldwide.
- Major Hotel chains present will include: Marriott Hotels, Guoman Thistle, H10 Hotels, Millennium & Copthorne Hotels, Puma Hotels, Expo Hotels and Resorts and Zacchera Hotels. Individual properties in attendance also include The Lensbury, MIC Hotel & Conference Centre as well as hotels from the Accor group, Jury’s Inn and Vine Tree Connections’ group of luxury properties.
- The show is supported by leading venues such as Barbican, Earls Court and Olympia, The Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre, Harrogate International Centre, ACC Liverpool, Manchester Central, Imago, Hever Castle, Blenheim Palace, Hedsor House, ILEC Conference Centre and the Ricoh Arena. Venue groups include Unique Venues of London, Merlin Entertainment and CCT Venues.
- A dedicated academic pavilion includes King’s College, Robinson College, University of Manchester and Royal Holloway University, who will also be joined by other academic venues such as Warwick Conferences.
- The technology sector is represented by Cvent, RefTech, Power Vote, IML Worldwide and PSAV.
- Specialist suppliers include chooseyourvenue.com, ARC International and Target Response.
The Meetings Show UK, Event Director, Steve Knight: “The initial response and speed of confirmations has exceeded our expectations. To have such a high profile and comprehensive list this far from the show clearly demonstrates the need for a hosted buyer led, meetings focused event for our industry. The response from potential exhibitors has been unanimously positive, it is clear we will be showcasing the most diverse range of exhibitors at any UK show.”
As the UK’s only hosted buyer led show for the meetings industry, the event will attract more than 4,000 visitors including 1,500 plus hosted buyers from corporates, agencies and associations. It is a show organised by meeting professionals, for meeting professionals and the quality of the exhibitors who have committed clearly demonstrates that The Meetings Show UK is filling a much needed gap in the market.
Knight continues: “Despite our success to date, this is just the beginning – there is much more to come – we are currently in conversation with a host of other exhibitors and expect to be able to confirm representatives from Spain, Canada, Greece, Turkey, Italy, Portugal, Scotland and a variety of long haul destinations in the near future.”
Sarah Stewart, Chief Executive at destination management and marketing organisation NewcastleGateshead Initiative said: “Having the opportunity to talk to national and international event organisers is vital to ensuring our Convention Bureau capture and convert all opportunities in this fast moving market. It was immediately clear that The Meetings Show UK would be a key event for us, targeting influential buyers in an innovative way through their enhanced Hosted Buyer programme. NewcastleGateshead Convention Bureau both attend and deliver a range of annual events and exhibitions that allow us to talk directly to organisers interested in bringing their next big event to the destination, attending The Meetings Show UK in 2013 forms an integral part of this activity.”
Mexico Tourism Board, Director of Association Meetings – Europe, Virginia Arana: “The Mexico Tourism Board is significantly expanding our operations in Europe, with a specialised meetings focused office now operating in Brussels. To succeed in this market it is vital we promote our brand, cultural offering and high quality meetings infrastructure on a targeted basis in each of our key markets. To succeed in Europe we need to be here in Europe. The Meetings Show UK, which is far more than just a trade show, gives us the ideal platform to speak to the UK market and raise our awareness. It will bring together a host of global experts in a dynamic and open environment and we look forward to the significant impact it will have on our business.”
Steven Small, Head of Business Tourism, Visit Manchester: “We’re really excited to be involved with a major new event like this which offers a fantastic platform for Visit Manchester and our partners to work together and showcase what our city has to offer.”
H10 Hotels, MICE Department Coordinator Marta Fernandez: “The Meetings Show UK will help our team meet and connect with new buyers. This will lead to future new businesses that will help us to continue achieving client needs.”
Harrogate International Centre, Deputy Director, Simon Kent: “Here at Harrogate International Centre we are all excited at the opportunity The Meetings Show UK will provide to showcase the facilities we have available to event organisers. We think this is the perfect platform to not only raise the profile of HIC, but also to speak directly to event organisers”.
The Meetings Show UK’s inaugural event will take place during week commencing 8th July, 2013 at Olympia, London.